What is click flooring? Click flooring refers to an innovative wooden flooring option. It can be used to cover existing floors. It’s called click flooring because during the installation process the flooring locks together. This means it doesn’t need any kind of adhesives to be installed. A simple clicking mechanism binds the floor. It is pretty simple to install and is in fact considered one of the easiest floor installation process.
Click flooring is usually made from laminate or engineered wood. Laminate floors are designed from wooden boards or a combination of wood or other materials. Traditional wooden floors comprise of three layers of hard wood floor. While laminates don’t resemble a wooden floor, but a click flooring which is designed from engineered wood can easily mimic a wooden floor.
The benefits of click flooring
The following are a few benefits of click flooring:
- The major benefit is that click flooring is quick and easy to install. It can be installed on an already existing floor. Just keep in mind that the existing floor is smooth and doesn’t have any rough edges.
- There is absolutely no need of adhesives of any sort. You won’t need glue or nail or anything which would bind the flooring. It makes use of a simple lock mechanism in which the pieces interlock with ease.
- It is available in a variety of engineered wood options. The design and pattern of the grain differs too so you can choose something which appeals to you and compliments the décor of your home.
- It can be found in different plank sizes. You have the option of choosing thick and thin boards to devise a set pattern for your floors.
- You also have an option of choosing the kind of finishing which appeals to you. You can go for brushed, lacquered or an oiled finish.
- It is pretty easy to maintain. Once its installed you don’t have to worry about its maintenance and care.
How to care for click flooring?
- Engineered wooden floors cope better with moisture when compared to usual hard wood floors, still it shouldn’t be left soaking wet at any time. Make sure to use limited amount of water to clean the floor.
- Place furniture pads under the furniture to prevent scratching.
- Make sure that the floor is dusted and swept. While it’s not necessary to do every day, it should be done at least twice a week.
- In case of laminate flooring, you don’t have to worry about moisture a great deal. Any spills can be easily wiped off and laminate is also less prone to staining. A simple weeping on alternate days would do the trick.
- However, spills and stains should be handled immediately in case of click flooring because if left for a longer amount of time might cause permanent staining.
- In case of lacquered floors, a lacquer soap should be used to clean the floors.
Engineered wooden and laminate floors when cared for properly can survive the test of time nd keep looking as good as new.